Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Still in Laredo
I arrived in Laredo, TX on Sunday and still here on Tuesday waiting for a load. This place is a huge hub for goods going down to Mexico. So we have a lot of drivers come here, drop their loads, and wait for their next load. It is kind of nice to have a couple days off to get laundry done and get out to Walmart to restock the pantry. Many of us try to make our meals from the truck. It is really expensive to always eat from the truck stops. It used to be that you could go to a truck stop and sit down and get a somewhat nutritous meal. Now most of the truck stops have fast food, like Wendy's, McDonalds, Arbys. Things like that. Eventually I am going to get a crock pot and make my meals while driving.
I delivered my load yesterday and I was amazed at how many trucks are here in this town. Trucks from every company you can possibly think of. I bet there are more trucks here than cars. And the cars bravely, or maybe stupidly, drive inbetween the trucks trying to get to their planned destinations. It is really a maze around here for everyone. Laredo is right on the Mexican border.
It has been rainy and stormy here the last couple days. I have enjoyed seeing the rain. But, it is very humid when it rains and makes it difficult to stay cool.
When I got here I was number 98 on the list for getting a load. This morning I am at number 19. So I am expecting to be out of here sometime today. Where I go nobody knows. But, it should be exciting. See you again soon!
I delivered my load yesterday and I was amazed at how many trucks are here in this town. Trucks from every company you can possibly think of. I bet there are more trucks here than cars. And the cars bravely, or maybe stupidly, drive inbetween the trucks trying to get to their planned destinations. It is really a maze around here for everyone. Laredo is right on the Mexican border.
It has been rainy and stormy here the last couple days. I have enjoyed seeing the rain. But, it is very humid when it rains and makes it difficult to stay cool.
When I got here I was number 98 on the list for getting a load. This morning I am at number 19. So I am expecting to be out of here sometime today. Where I go nobody knows. But, it should be exciting. See you again soon!
Comments:
<< Home
Jill-you go girl!--I am starting the same career path and I have learned a lot from your experieces. Thanks for your posts and I will be watching your progress and I move into my venture with truck driving-Thanks,Nancy
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
